Hey aswamr,

can you follow the cake bake commands.It is a awesome feature of cakephp
which creates the controllers , models , view on the fly with the common
functions like index ,add, edit, delete , admin_index ,admin_add , .....and
so on.
Only craete your table with the appropriate fields & see the magic of cake
bake.....

So you dont care about the syntax that is used to create the form elements.

For this please follow following links,

http://book.cakephp.org/view/113/Code-Generation-with-Bake

For windows,

http://www.webdevelopment2.com/cakephp-bake-baking-models-controllers-views-cakephp-12/

Please read this.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM, thatsgreat2345
<thatsgreat2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Have you even read the documentation at all? I would really recommend
> doing the blog before you take anything else on.
>
> but
> $form->create('Note',array('action'=>'add'));
> $form->input('Note.title'); //or just $form->input('title');
> $form->input('Note.body',array('rows'=>5,'cols'=>5));
> $form->end('Save');
>
> All with echos of course, and I was too lazy to add in the p tags,
> which can be utilized with before and after options, or just use the
> div option for possibly better styling with css. For more options
> hceck out here
> http://book.cakephp.org/view/189/Automagic-Form-Elements
>
> On Jul 23, 11:23 pm, aswamr <aswathi....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Following is my add.thtml
> >
> > <form action="<?php echo $html->url("/notes/add")?>" method="post">
> >          <?php echo $form->input('Note/title',array('size'=>'40'));?>
> >          <?php echo $form->textarea('Note/body') ?>
> >          <?php echo $form->submit('save'); ?>
> >     </form>
> >
> > Is this naming ok?
> > --

Thanks & Regards,
Vijayk.
Co-founder (www.weboniselab.com)

"You Bring the Dreams, We'll Bring the Means"