Hi Guys,
So my team is working on making a menu system with sub-menus and such.
We have a few different proposed methods, and are trying to figure out
the best solution.

One is more database driven and the other is xml driven. The proposed
database way in my mind could require way to many calls, and
recursively adding into an array of items. then actually go through
the array to display it. We would need to cache it also because i feel
this process is way too slow.

Then we have xml which can be read in and out easily, and it is
already in a usable array structure. Then again it is kind of out of
the cake framework.

I have also seen this article:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/threaded-lists
which could make our lives easier haha.