Good afternoon!

I have a view (rates/index.ctp) that displays data from my model
(models/rate.php). I make a small edit to the data before I send it to
the view, as below:

        function afterFind($results) {
                foreach ($results as $key => $val) {

                                if($val['Rate']['daily'] <= 0) {
                                        $results[$key]['Rate']['daily'] = "Not
Available";
                                }
                                else {
                                        $results[$key]['Rate']['daily'] =
$results[$key]['Rate']
['daily'];
                return $results;
        }

For some reason this gives me the following notice on index.ctp:

Undefined index:  Rate [APP\models\rate.php, line 16]

(line 16 is "if($val['Rate']['daily'] <= 0) {" )

The logic in the afterFind callback works exactly the way it's
supposed to, and 'Not Available' shows up where the value of daily is
0, so there's clearly not an actual problem with the assignment. But
still, the notice...

What is Cake trying to tell me?

Thanks for any help :)