You sure you want an explicit third option 'no information on the
subject'? Wouldn't it be better to just have a radio group with 2
buttons (Yes/No or True/False) with a default value of NULL for that
field in your database? Or if you really want to have a third option
to force a user to enter something, mapping to a value other than
empty string or 'null' might be wise, as depending on how your db
field is defined, these may not be distinguishable from 'no data
entered'. The 'right' solution really depends on the particular logic
of your application - what data your users should enter and how that
data will be used and analysed once it's in the database.