Before posting a ticket let me know your opinion.

Here is a test case about the problem.

http://bin.cakephp.org/view/622164608

Cake is doing two things bad, but maybe this is the "workform".

1) When binded to a hasMany, it adds the id (or primary key) field to
the query instead of just doing the select sum(... Check line 21 of paste
This makes the query fail in same mysql version (not last ones, but even
thought, thats an error).

2) Cakes gets related data (comments) to just the first Article, but
summing all, this is a confuse.

I think it should unbind hasMany relations before doing the query or get
all comments, but a misc of both is a mistake (to my opinion).
What do you think about?

MARTIN