On Aug 1, 10:21 pm, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @AD7six - I was referring more to a setup like this, probably should
> of made it clearer.
>
> /app/vendors/some_vendor_system/css/their_files.css
>
> You are unable to link to those files by doing it like, or any other
> alternative:
>
> $html->link('/vendors/some_vendor_system/css/their_files.css');
>
> I spent a good 2 days trying to figure this out and also asked Nate
> and Matt curry to no avail.

Well of course you can't do that. I don't know why you'd want or
expect that to work - it would mean that without knowing or
specifically asking users could access things you've put in your
vendor dir.

However it's trivial to do any of:

Link/copy the folders to
 webroot/js|css|anywhere|nothing/some_vendor_system or
 app/vendors/js|css/some_vendor_sytem or
 vendors/js|css/some_vendor_system
Add vendors/some_vendor_system to your vendorPaths var in the
bootstrap which would then mean vendors/some_vendor_system/css acts
like any other vendor folder
write a some_vendor_system controller to handle any requests for its
assets.

euromarck - that file isn't used (unless you turn of mod_rewrite and
explicitly call it yourself).

AD