Hello,

I have been working on an app for quite a while now, and I have just
noticed that my ACL doesn't seem to be doing anything: once logged in,
all actions are allowed.  I have checked through the ACL tutorial in
the manual a few times and even removed and replaced the code
snippets. I have not had this trouble with the Cake ACL on other
sites, so I'm getting pretty frustrated. Here are some more details:

-The ACL and Auth component are placed in the App Controller and are
definitely being instantiated

-The DBs for the ACL are all correct and up to date

-The Acl->check function always returns the correct permission status
for both the group and the user

loginRedirect and actionPath are set to what I'd like them to be

-There are no stray allowedActions or allow statements

In short, the ACL component has a correct record of Aros/Acos and
Permissions. It just doesn't deny access to any logged in user. Does
anybody know what can be causing this? I have a feeling that when it
is fixed, I'll want to kick myself, but I have been struggling with it
long enough that I'd be happy with a DUH! moment.

Thanks