I have to move a site from my server to another, which is a
shared-hosting acct. with cPanel. Currently, the setup is as follows
(in /var/www/vhosts/SITE):

app/
    webroot
cake -> cake_1.2.3.8166

... where cake is a soft link to the libs. Normally, the libs point to
/var/lib/php/cake but, fot this site, I've left everything bundled
together as I know it's being taken away to another server.

I'm having some difficulty figuring out where to put things on the
other server, and how to configure index.php as well as the .htaccess
files. Or, actually, someone else with no Cake experience is. And my
experience with cPanel is quite minimal, so we're not making much
headway. I assume that the cake dir will reside next to app, as it is
now. But, from reading some vague instructions online, it seems that I
have to put webroot somewhere else. Or, do I just drop everything into
cPanel's public_html dir?

To complicate things, I need to access this other site through an IP,
not a domain. If anyone has done this, could you please post some
hints?