I use eclipse-pdt. I add cake like a library and I the IDE provide
code completation and phpdoc preview of the selected function or
variable.
If you want to have code completation for a model in the controller
you must declare the variable explicity like $person = new Person();
and comment the line after finish (I never comment this line and I
still alive).

Sl2
Sergio