This inspired me to fix my Crimson Editor's syntax highlighting.

To get Crimson Editor to use the proper PHP syntax highlighting for
CTP (or THTML files for those lagging behind), go to your Program Files
\Crimson Editor folder.  Open up the "link" folder.  Copy/paste the
extension.php file, rename the pasted version (Copy of extension.php)
to "extension.ctp" (or extension.thtml).  It will now auto-detect CTP
files as PHP files.  If you've attached a debugger to Crimson Editor,
you may also want to set the allowed PHP extensions in the extensions
section of the Filters under preferences.