I'd like to paginate $this->Model->query().

For example I have this in my controller:
$this->Item->query("SELECT Item.id, Item.thumb, ItemContent.name,
ItemContent.description, Module.code FROM items AS Item INNER JOIN
items_content AS ItemContent ON ItemContent.item_id = Item.id INNER
JOIN modules AS Module ON Module.id = Item.module_id WHERE
ItemContent.language_id = $this->language_id GROUP BY Item.id");

Sometimes I need to use my own SQL code, because it's faster and
sometimes I use tables that they don't have relations between them.
But I don't to how to paginate it.