ok..so its my first time here..past few days ive been reading and
coding with cakephp for my school_enrollment system project..now im
stuck with this simple problem that i cant solve.4 hours of reading
and rereading about some cakephp articles but still no luck.. so i
think, you guys can be a really big help..here it goes:
this is a result of find() method (2 joined tables):
resulting array using (print_r):

CODE

Array (
[0] => Array (
[Course] => Array (
 [id] => 1
 [code] => BSCS
 [name] => BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
 [college_id] => 1
 [years] => 4
 [degree_flag] => 1
 [major_flag] => 0 )
[College] => Array (
 [id] => 1
 [code] => CAS
 [name] => COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
 [campus_id] => 1 ) )
[1] => Array (
[Course] => Array (
 [id] => 2
 [code] => BSCOMENG
 [name] => BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
 [college_id] => 2
 [years] => 5
 [degree_flag] => 1
 [major_flag] => 0 )
[College] => Array (
 [id] => 2
 [code] => CEA
 [name] => COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECHTURE
 [campus_id] => 2 ) )
[2] => Array (
[Course] => Array (
 [id] => 3
 [code] => BSINT
 [name] => BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
 [college_id] => 1
 [years] => 4
 [degree_flag] => 1
 [major_flag] => 0 )
[College] => Array (
 [id] => 1
 [code] => CAS
 [name] => COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
 [campus_id] => 1 ) )
[3] => Array (
[Course] => Array (
 [id] => 4
 [code] => BSCS
 [name] => BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
 [college_id] => 3
 [years] => 4
 [degree_flag] => 1
 [major_flag] => 0 )
[College] => Array (
 [id] => 3
 [code] => CAS
 [name] => COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
 [campus_id] => 3 ) ) )

so my problem is how can i display it on a select tag where [College]
[name] is my optgroup label and my [Course][id] and [Course][name] as
my key value pair options.. what i have right now only display 1
array:
PHP Code
<?php

echo $form->input('course_id', array('options' => array(
                        $courses[1]['College']['name'] =>array(
                            $courses[1]['Course']['id']=>$courses[1]
['Course']['name']
                            )
                        )
                    )