You should be alright with something like:

Router::connect('/optimised_category_name/*', array('controller' =>
'controller_from_cake', 'action' => 'view'));

Anything beginning with desired controller name is routed to the view
action. You would also need to add specific routes (above that one)
for any edit, delete.. and so on.