Thank you. Our code was heavily optimized for alpha. We have followed
the tips given in the below link.

What really worries us is that how can the same app run slower on the
latest cake as opposed to alpha. The question is not so much how to
make faster, what is it in the new cake (any optimization tricks
*specifically* for new cake?) that is making slower,  the same app is
taking nearly three times the time in new cake as was done in the
alpha version.

The question is really about migration.