Here are two basic example of how you do it using MySQL

insert with a select statement for the values.
http://mysql-tips.blogspot.com/2005/04/mysql-insert-select-example.html

and the variation where you can trick mysql into doing an update.
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?61,65650,262461#msg-262461

What you would want to do is create a new empty table with the desired
fields from both tables. Then do a select joining the two tables and
inserting the results into the new table. Using the second method you
should be abel to update to oneof the involved tables... but I
wouldn't do that myself.

good luck.