Hi ...

I have started a new project to bind CakePHP and ExtJS together. I've
been using CakePHP for the last few years and found that the further
you push your projects into the Web 2.0 / heavy Ajax domain, the more
difficult it gets to keep track of all the html / javascript
dependencies you need for your site to work.

ExtJs handles all this very nicely, it pushes ALL of the user
interface creation onto the browser ... so the V from MVC purely lives
on the client side. All the business logic like data validation is of
course still handled by Cake.

I've written a lengthy blog entry on how to use CakeXT (which consists
of a Cake Helper and an extended Ext class) including a demo of the
system. The cool part really is, that you don't need any further
configuration of Ext. Add a new field to your database and it will
automatically appear in your view.

The blog entry can be found at
http://blog.mykita.com/2009/08/introducing-cakext-create-slick-single-page-guis-with-cakephp-and-extjs/
and the project lives at http://cakext.mykita.com/trac.

Since this project is still very young I'd love to hear what you think
about it ... for sure there's plenty of room for improvements :)

Wirtsi