The key to Overloadable and Overloadable lies in the php4 versions of
the files.  Basically both classes serve as workarounds for PHP4's
lack of magic methods.  By using overload() you can add magic methods
into PHP4 classes.  So the overloadable classes are the base classes
for all objects that have magic methods.

-Mark