Cake uses a lookup-table of inflections to determine what the singular
and plural versions of words are. This is how Cake knows it is calles
person - people and not persons and that information and weather are
the same in singular and plural forms.

If you name things in a different language or just want to make an
exception you can make an entry in app/config/inflections.php.