yes, we work with cake for a medium to big size app, and it is OK.

"CakePHP is a rapid development framework for PHP that provides an
extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying
applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM
within the convention over configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces
development costs and helps developers write less code. "