Hello all,

I've just started working with CakePHP a few days ago, and I really
like it. I develop Ruby on Rails apps as well, but having a similar
approach under PHP is most welcome since most of my clients have PHP
enabled hosts and I'm a bit more familiar with the language.

That being said, I've a question that I couldn't find an answer to so
far; is there any way to use the models in my cake application from an
outside non-cake php script? This is possible with Rails, I'm sure it
can be done here as well but after searching for a few hours I thought
I'd post here. Anyone have an idea? (I've already tried the technique
describet at
http://debuggable.com/posts/the-ultimate-cakephp-bootstrap-technique:480f4dd5-2bcc-40cb-b45f-4b1dcbdd56cb
to no avail.) I need to do this so I can use some newer db tables and
their respective models in a legacy php application until I have the
time to completely rewrite it.

Thanks in advance,

T.J.