For me, I work with Japanese (EUC-JP, SHIFT-JIS, etc), so I really
don't know
about encodings in different languages. Some sites that I work with
are in those
encodings and it would be very difficult to convert all the files to
UTF8. Free
programs like Eclipse, TextWrangler, Smultron, etc can open the the
files in
the encodings I need but with Textmate it is impossible. I also
remember a blog
post from the Textmate developer that said they have no intentions of
adding
support for these encodings anytime soon. If almost every other free
texteditor/IDE
can open these can support many encodings, I wonder why textmate,
which is not
free, cannot.