That's exactly the point, I want it to be in a database column, and
allow the end-user to edit it. Therefore, $test would keep a HTML/RTF
document with tags <?=?>.

I want to get it, perform variable substitution, and then e-mail it,
or save it in another database column, but I just don't want to
display it.

dfcp