From: Aivaras [mailto:faifas1...@gmail.com]
Sent: September-14-09 11:54 AM
To: cake-php@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Help with variable

var myVar = $(this).attr('name').substr(4);
myVar = myVar.replace(/\][username]/gi, '');
myVar = myVar.substr(1, myVar.lentgh);

Faifas

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 15:57, Dave Maharaj :: WidePixels.com
<d...@widepixels.com> wrote:

I know its more of a jQuery question...i asked on the jQuery group but no
luck and its Cake related so I will try here.

All the forms have this structure name="data[Model][field]"

How can I get User as a variable from name="data[User][username]"

var myVar = $(this).attr('name').substr(4);
 alert(myVar);

gets me [User][username] but how can i strip out the rest of the text so i
end up with just User

Thanks,

Dave