Since you ask, I'd say file. Sorry, that is my least favorite answer
to get.
All the others require special setups. All the others are better than
file under the right circumstances.

APC and XCache provide a big performance boost if you need it and like
installing php extensions yourself.
Memcached is generally the weapon of choose for clustered deployment
since it can share it's data between servers.

Your circumstances and which fits your setup the best can really only
be fully determined by proper testing. You can get a good idea of
their general pro's and con's by reading the docs for each and some of
the published benchmarks available. Some testing can be done using one
of the WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP flavors. I know MAMP is compiled with both
APC and XCache and I assume the others are aswell.