Hi.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I setup Auth in the app_controller,
and now every time (after logging in) i try to add or edit, I'm sent
directly back to the index with a message (flash) that says "The
(Controller) has been saved" without letting me enter any fields.

Am I missing adding some auth code to the views? Do I need to add the
parent::beforeFilter(); to every controller even if they don't have a
beforeFilter() function defined?

Here's what I added to the app_controller:

<?php
class AppController extends Controller {
    var $components = array('Auth');

    function beforeFilter() {
        Security::setHash('md5');
    // this is part of cake that serves up static pages, it should be
authorized by default
        $this->Auth->allow('display');
        // tell cake to look on the user model itself for the password
hashing function
        $this->Auth->authenticate = ClassRegistry::init('User');
        // tell cake where our credentials are on the User entity
        $this->Auth->fields = array(
            'username' => 'name',
            'password' => 'pass',
        );
        // this is where we want to go after a login... we'll want to
make this dynamic at some point
        $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller'=>'partners',
'action'=>'index');

?>

This is what I added to one of my controllers: (every other controller
was fully working without auth before with add, edit, view, index and
del.

        function beforeFilter(){
            $this->Auth->allow('add','index');
            parent::beforeFilter();