Thanks for the reply but I'm not always going to have just the q
parameter. For instance, sometimes I have something like:

/search/q:search+terms/country:us/region:oh/
/search/country:us/region:oh/city:columbus/
/search/country:us/page:2/

I don't really want to use pass to send it to the controller, I would
like to just get them w/ $this->params['named'].