Hi marco,

> I have developed my web application with CakePHP.
> For the moment I use one Apache server and one MySql server.
> Now I have noted that my application is getting slow because the
> numbers of users is increasing.
> So I have decided that is the time to scale my architecture.
> I have tried to find some suggestions on this forum about how scale
> CakePHP but I haven't found anything.
> Can someone help me about this with some example, link, tutorial etc.?

Just checking, but have you optimised your app already?

* caching views
* using contain and fields for every model in the contain to reduce
the mysql hit
* caching the data returned
* using Memcached over file system caching
* installing eAccellorator to speed up php execution

Are you on shared, vps or a dedicated box? If one of the latter two,
could you upgrade your server with more ram/cpu? What about switching
to a more efficient server like ngnix ?

Otherwise, I think you could move to one server for DB, and one (or
more) for the web server.

Cheers,

Jon

--