Hi everybody, this ones been doing my head in for some time now, hope
you can help me out, im sure its very simple but i just cant get it
working. Firstly the table structure is like this:

CREATE TABLE pil (
        id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment primary key,
        user_id int(11) unsigned not null,
        pilid int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
        pcode varchar(255),
        quantity text not null,
        created DATETIME,
        modified DATETIME
)ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

And this is inside my pils_controller.php:

function newpil() {
                $user_id = $this->Session->read('User.id');
                $pilid = $this->Pil->find(
                array(
                'conditions' => array('Pil.user_id' => $user_id),
                'fields' => array('Pil.pilid'),
                'order' => array('Pil.pilid DESC'),
                ));

                $pilid2 = ($pilid['Pil']['pilid'] + 1);

What i want is for the above function to pick out the last pil
(product inquiry list) that the user set-up and to add a 1 to that.

Any ideas where im going wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ste