Hi,

I have implemented a Drag and Drop effect with jQuery. To make it
easier, I read a list of elements from the database, these elements
can be moved into a different folder. The Folders show the amount of
Elements.

Here you see my Folders:

"<li id=\"{$value['Cookbook']['id']}\"><span id=\"countFav\">{$amount}

Everything works fine so far, but now I also wanted to make sure that
the amount of Elements get updated. so I need to update the $amount.

So what I figured out is that with this line of code I can overwrite
my HTML with the ID in my case amount

$.post('../dropZone', {cookbook_id: $(this).attr('id'),id:id},
function (data) {  $(amount).html(data)});

But obviously if I do this the whole li dissapears and gets replaced
with the AJAX response. Does anyone got an idea how I can just update
the PHP variable $amount?

Thank you very much in advance. Luke