Good Morning Everyone!

I am a long time user and I absolutely love CakePHP, however there is
one problem that I have run into lately that I think deserves some
attention, though I am sure there are those that will disagree with
me.

For the most part most of the applications I have written have all had
databases and so it has never been a problem, however recently, I have
an pre-existing open source application that I am a developer on that
doesn't use a database, and I find that CakePHP doesn't exactly play
nice without a database. I found a few articles on the internet that
talk about creating a dummy dbo source, etc etc to get CakePHP to work
without a database, but I feel that a better solution might be
warrented.

Why not add an option to the config.php file to disable database use?
Or at least add an option to make a database optional?

Other frameworks handle this by just allowing to include the use of
models or to not include them.

Now I am not suggesting we change to be like other frameworks, but
allow one to not use them and have the entire framework understand
that it doesn't need to expect a database connection I think only
makes sense, especially to open the doors to people that don't want to
use the framework because of the database requirements.

I am big on UI in my applications, and I found that CakePHP View and
Theming capabilities dwarf those of other frameworks, IMHO, that is
one of the biggest reasons I want to use CakePHP for this project that
doesn't use a database (but might in the future, thats why being
optional would be nice)

Thoughts on this?
-Erik