On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Chris <ch...@thompsonbd.com> wrote:

> This might be the way you, brian, want it to work, however, I am in
> George's boat.  I expected this to pass the conditions to the children
> find() calls and build the threaded list based on that.  Instead, it
> does a simple find('all') with conditions, it doesn't actually do a
> threaded find().

Given that I've written exactly 0 lines of code for Cake's core, I'd
say that it has nothing to do with what I *want*. I was simply
pointing out that Cake was responding logically, given the supplied
conditions.

Again: AFAIK, 'threaded' is useless without setting the table up for
MPTT ('lft' & 'rght' columns).

http://book.cakephp.org/view/812/find-threaded
http://articles.sitepoint.com/article/hierarchical-data-database/2
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html