... haven't tested, but something like this should work:

In the model:
$this->myFields = array('field_one, 'field_two', 'and_some_other');

public function modifyRequiredFields($additionalFields) {
 array_push($this->myFields, $additionalFields);

 return $this->myFields;
}

In the controller:
$this->ModelName->find('all', array('fields' => $this->ModelName-
>modifyRequiredFields(array('i_also_need_this', 'and_this'));

if it's a "standard" find()

$this->ModelName->find('all', array('fields' => $this->ModelName-
>myFields));