From: Martin Westin [mailto:martin.westin...@gmail.com]
Sent: September-28-09 9:33 AM
To: CakePHP
Subject: Re: Run a cron Job

The cake shell is prefect for this.
I do cron tasks by creating Cake shell tasks and from there I do a
requestAction if I really need to call an action.

This is what I tell cron:
/ful/path/to/cake/console/cake -app /full/path/to/app shellname >>/dev/ null
2>&1

The last bit (dev/null and that) makes the shell totally silent which is
needed unless you want the cron to terminate unexpectedly. But when testing
yourself you should leave that out so you can see the output.