I am trying to set up a change password section.

password field and confirm field only.

model:

validation rules:
'password' => array(
   'pass-notempty' => array(
    'rule' => array('notempty'),
    'required' => true,
    'allowEmpty' => false,
    'message' => 'Password cannot be empty.',
    'last' => true),

   'pass-length' => array(
    'rule' => array('minLength', 8),
    'message' => 'Password must be minimim 8 characters.',
    'last' => true),

   'pass-Similar' => array(
    'rule' => 'checkPasswords',
    'message' => 'Different password entered.',
    'last' => true)
   ),

  'confirm' => array(
   'confirm-notempty' => array(
    'rule' => array('notempty'),
    'required' => true,
    'allowEmpty' => false,
    'message' => 'Pleae confirm your password.')
   ),

function checkPasswords()
 {
    if($this->data['User']['password'] == $this->data['User']['confirm'])
  {
     return true;

Now the password gets hashed automaticaly so I

$this->data['User']['confirm'] =
Security::hash($this->data['User']['confirm'], null, true);

in the controller but still same message..Do Not Match.

Am i missing something? I unbind the other validation in the model so its
not checking anything other than password and confirm

Thanks

Dave