I have found a similar topic about the way I do this also using the
ClassRegistry... it seems to be the only way ?

http://osdir.com/ml/CakePHP/2009-03/msg01203.html

On 1 okt, 17:22, Matt <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm busy to implement subdomains in a fancy way for a website.
>
> Also because I want to remove the controller name from the URL in any
> case I need to chose routes based on what I have in my URL it seems.
>
> The idea was to use this for the subdomains:
>
> http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/subdomaining-with-cake
>
> This is a very good way to use this, but you actually still have the
> controller name in your URL, and I actually want to use the URL also
> in that way, very nice for SEO.
>
> So actually I want to use the rewrite version and the normal version
> but domain.com/username/blog instead of domain.com/users/username/blog
>
> To accomplish this I need to chose routes based on what is asked in
> the URL, not always, but sometimes. My subdomains-names will be
> available in a Database so I need to query this one every time. This
> should also be done in the normal way to check if a user exists.
>
> Now I would like to use routes based on these queries, every hit on a
> subdomain will generate an qeury to the database, so I doubt if this
> is nice for the performance.
>
> The other question is; what is the best way to do a query from the
> router file ?
>
> I want to use the way under the part "Editing routes.php" in 
> here:http://holisticnetworking.net/blog/2009/07/24/all-you-need-is-cakephp...
>
> My idea is to replace the array with a query and base the whay how the
> if statement reacts on that.
>
> At this moment I use this to query the DB in the routes.php
>
> ClassRegistry::init('Users')->find('all', array('fields' => array
> ('Users.username'))));
>
> But is this the right way ? As I can't figure out what is allowed in
> the routes.php about this and there are not much docs about the
> ClassRegistry.
>
> So my questions are actually:
>
> What would be the best way to chose the routes based on:
>
> - Performance
> - Flexibility
> - Using a DB
>
> I hope my story is clear enough, thanks !
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to