I need to process an email inbox, monitor it for messages with a
particular subject line.  If it finds a match I need to get the body
content, manipulate, and insert into a database.  Ideally would mark
the message as read and move it to another IMAP folder as well.

I'm poking around PHP documentation imap_open (http://us2.php.net/
imap_open) and found a link
http://www.linuxscope.net/articles/mailAttachmentsPHP.html#_jmp0_

Before I get too far, I'm wondering if anyone is aware of an existing
CakePHP data source or PHP class that's a good wrapper for the basics
I'm looking for:

IMAP:
connect
list folders