I need to retrieve the schema of the fields associated with a model.
I know there's the _schema property but I don't know how to access it.
The problem is I need the schema inside the controller and I want a
list of the fields of any of the models.

I'm creating a page where the user can select one of the models  and,
using ajax, another select box gets filled with the fields of that
model.

I used Configure::listObjects('model') to get the list of the models
but I don't know what to do now.

I tried with
loadModel($selectedModel);
$this->$selectedModel->_schema
but this syntax is wrong in php (and I don't know php classes well).
I can't use php 5 syntax.

Thank you for any suggestion.

    maxx