Since no one have responded. I guess you'll have just to test it.
Doing it in app_controller.php only can be tricky, if not impossible.
Theoretically it is possible to check for current controller in
app_controller.php. Not sure if that's supported in cake though. And
it will be more logical if you deny access in child controller rather
then in app_controller.php.