I am having difficulty at work porting old PHP/MySQL reports into a
new CakePHP app. One old report consist of three loops in this format:

get all departments
     for each department
          get all jobs in department
          for each job
               sum hours and compute $ value (# hours * value per
hour)

I'm not a wizard with queries, and trying to put the old reports into
CakePHP is causing me headaches. I am trying to honor the fat model,
skinny controller design pattern as well as refrain from using $this-
>model->query() and make use of model associations. However, I cannot
get CakePHP to return the data I want in the manner I need to generate
the report I described above.

Can anyone suggest a way to retrieve this data without resorting to
query()? I'd really rather not burn cpu cycles looping through
departments and jobs.

Thanks,

Joe