One method to do it - depending on how convoluted and hard coded the
existing site is - is simply to try and migrate it over to the webroot
folder of your CakePHP app. That way, you can reuse the CSS and
JavaScript routines where necessary. Of course, you may still need to
keep any database tables separate - naturally a lot of this depends on
existing site design.

gaioshin