When looking to organize a successful IT conference, I tend to create
a matrix that would rank each suggested location into decisive
categories. The categories I use are 'City Accessibility' (via auto,
taxi, train and airport - quantity of direct flights), 'Local
Draw' (size of IT industry, any groups and local universities),
'Travel Expense' (cost for attendees, hotel, traveling), 'Venue
location' (availability of venues with theater seating with tables,
cat5 or wifi), and 'Conflict Dates' (making sure not to share dates
with a local major event - NCAA finals, etc).

With that said, I think Atlanta, GA would rank amongst the highest in
each category.