On 23 nov, 17:25, leberle <delf.ton...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi dudes,
>
> is there a way to paginate cached data? I wanna cache the result from
> a $controller->paginate() request an use it the next time the page is
> requested. But i've i bind the cached data for the view, i've the
> problem that paginate() wasn't called so the paginate-helper functions
> in the view dont work ("Undefined variable: paginator").
> So i'm looking for something like
> $controller->paginate($my_cached_data);
>
> Does something like that already exist or do i've to write it? :)=

Try putting something like this in your model:
http://bin.cakephp.org/view/192743063

You could do the same with paginateCount so that you don't even need a
db for your paginated data if the cache is populated.

hth,

AD
ps ->paginate($somethingMaybeHuge); is IMO a really bad idea/negating
the point of pagination