I apologize if my questions is obvious or has been answered before. I
tried searching for the answer, but I don't know what best to search
for, mostly likely because I am barely sure of what the terms are for
the issue I am facing.

I am *very* new to Cake, but I am picking it up pretty quickly. I was
thinking about trying to build a test blog of sorts. I was thinking it
would be nice to include a drop-in open source WYSIWYG editor
(CKEditor, probably) to remove the hassle of coding a blog post in
html.

But I realized, because Cake maps URL requests other than the actual
folder structure, the editor script might try to pull up some images
for its UI and get sent elsewhere. Is this the case? Or do requests
from the server itself map directly to folders? If the former, any
suggestions on if it is possible to integrate third party widgets like
this short of nitty gritty tying them directly to the Cake framework?

I apologize if I am not being very clear - as I said, I feel like I am
missing some terminology to aptly describe the situation. Let me know
if I need to be clearer on any points!

Thanks in advance,
Dave

their CakePHP related questions.