I think my first suggestion is close to what you need, isn't it? What
I have done in the past is rename my controller to xcontroller, my
model to xmodel and my view folder xfolder. Then rebake, and then take
what I want out of my old (x-named) objects into the new ones.
Alternatively, once the new objects are baked, rename those with a y,
then take the x off of the old renamed objects and take what I want
out of the new (now named y) objects. Hope that makes some sort of
sense! Either way, you have a set of new objects and a set of old
objects and you are going to have to do some sort of compare and
merge.

On Dec 3, 9:00 am, Lorenzo Bettini <bett...@dsi.unifi.it> wrote:
> as for the manual merge I had in mind that one too; however, I was
> thinking of some way of having bake generate some classes, and I'd
> derive from them and redefine/add something; is it feasible?  In order
> to do this I should either have bake generate files/classes with a
> different name, or tell cake to use my derived classes; is it possible
> to do so?
>
> and concerning this other question:
> is bake documented in more details than it is
> here:http://book.cakephp.org/view/113/Code-Generation-with-Bake?
>
> thanks
>         Lore
>

> Jeremy Burns wrote:
> > I guess there are two approaches. 1. Rename the model/views/
> > controllers before you bake, then do a comparison and merge
> > afterwards. 2. Once you have the initial bake complete, just amend the
> > files rather than re-baking. This has the advantage of helping you
> > learn as well.
>
> > On Dec 2, 6:23 pm, Lorenzo Bettini <bett...@dsi.unifi.it> wrote:
> >> Hi
>
> >> If I create models, controllers and views with bake, and I modify those
> >> files, the next time I run bake they'll overwritten (say that I added
> >> some new fields that I "want to bake"); is there a general idiom to deal
> >> with that?
>
> >> thanks in advance
> >>         Lorenzo
>
> >> P.S. is bake documented in more details than it is
> >> here:http://book.cakephp.org/view/113/Code-Generation-with-Bake?
>
> --
> Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
> HOME:http://www.lorenzobettini.itMUSIC:http://www.purplesucker.com
> BLOGS:http://tronprog.blogspot.com http://longlivemusic.blogspot.com

their CakePHP related questions.