Really interesting thread guys.

I often resort to just disabling SecurityComponent (I know) when I run
into the "black hole of death" a few times and can't figure out why.
Is there a good way to "debug" SecurityComponent problems so that
dealing with specific issues on some forms can be less hit and miss?

For example, I'd like a log or output or something telling me exactly
why my post was denied. Was it because jQuery did the submission?
Because a field doesn't have a corresponding Model? Because...  things
like that.

I don't intend to hijack the thread but since you both (ionas and AD)
seem to have done a fair bit of work on these things I imagine you
have some technique you might be willing to share.

/Martin

On Dec 3, 1:40 pm, AD7six <andydawso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 dic, 17:27, "j0n4s.h4rtm...@googlemail.com"
>
> <j0n4s.h4rtm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > A mostly working solution[1][2], that you can see
> > here:http://github.com/ionas/sna/blob/master/www/app/app_controller.php#L1...
>
> > It is based on Teknoids great information at his blog[3][4], combined
> > with a helper that triggers a javascript::confirm(), doubleposts are
> > essentially not possible due to SecurityComponent. If you really
> > require an js-free confirmation, why not add a checkbox to that helper
> > that you have to check before clicking (check if it was clicked in the
> > helper and before that onSubmit via javascript)
>
> > [1]http://code.cakephp.org/tickets/view/377
> > [2]http://code.cakephp.org/tickets/view/354
> > [3]http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/make-your-cakephp-forms-a-lot...
> > [4]http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/clearing-up-some-confusion-re...
>
> That's ... a lot of code. You also have to remember/know in the view
> if you should or should not use your helper.
>
> FWIW I prefer for things to be a lot more transparent that that.
> Here's an example:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1027790/csrf-protect-confirm.png
>
> That's using ajax - but it doesn't have to be (it's not a requirment
> or inherant to the technique/solution).
>
> The 'magic' is
> here:http://code.assembla.com/mi/subversion/nodes/branches/mi_plugin/views...
>
> There's no 'magic'
> here:http://code.assembla.com/mi/subversion/nodes/branches/blog/views/entr...
>
> Anyway, good for the topic to be discussed.
>
> AD

their CakePHP related questions.