on your action controller you can put this conditional

if ($this->RequestHandler->isAjax())  {}

in view you need consider this,
on ajax development you still need consider about graceful degradation, so
in every link there must consider if the javascript is not working.

false" />
on default, javascipt will be executed but the link is still work in classic
way.

--
Mukhamad Ikhsan
Y!id:ikhsan.only