Hi euromark,

CakePHP 2.x is still in development, and we're not stable yet.
As you can see, cloning is possible, but with all the coding changes that we're
making, using the CakePHP 2.0 codebase for app building at this stage is not
suggested.
Its frequently merging with CakePHP 1.3 head, which means that fixes we make to
enable this for PHP 5.2 strict mode break fairly frequently.

Watch the repository for updates, as its being working on all the time.
Also feel free to contribute. We love contributors.

Cheers,

Graham Weldon
e. gra...@grahamweldon.com
w. http://grahamweldon.com