hi HK,
Aren't you the cache helper in the controller? because AFAIK it should
be used also.

caching view is something server-side (done on the server), it caches
the whole (browser request)'s page answer (the html source code)

caching images is another thing, it is something done on the client
side (in the browser cache), you may treat the image as an asset file
(like css files or js files) to force caching it in the client side.

as for caching just the returned value of the $this->paginate, you may
use this amazing link
http://book.cakephp.org/complete/764/Cache

have a nice baking day

On Dec 18, 7:56 am, HK <hkosm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a function in my controller which reads about 4000-8000 images
> (depending on the event viewed) and then return a pagination. Since
> those images don't change per event I would like to cache them.
>
> First of all can I use view cache? I enabled cache in core.php, and
> use $this->cacheAction=true in my action.
> app/tmp is writable (chmod -R 777) but no page appears on tmp/cache/
> view only the empty file. Is it because I use $this->paginate()?
>
> Can pagination work with cache?
>
> Another solution would be to cache $this->paginate() so not to fetch
> data on every request. Can this be done, and how?
>
> thanks a lot

their CakePHP related questions.