Hi,

I am new to cakePHP and I am not sure whether this is the correct
object-oriented way to build my landing page. Please help!

I have a website that storing information on different types of
upcoming events. And I have each controller/model/database tables for
each type of my event, let's say motor_show, trade_fair...etc

In my landing page, I will display a list of upcoming events of ALL
types, therefore I need access to many tables in the page.

So I use 'views/pages/home.ctp' as my landing page. And I would call
the functions in each of the controller to retrieve the data for my
landing page use requestActions().
for eg.
<?php echo $this->requestAction('/motor_shows/displayUpcoming');?>
<?php echo $this->requestAction('/trade_fair/displayUpcoming');?>

Thanks.

their CakePHP related questions.