you ask a great question

I forget about putting in database because it should be treated as
permanent storage not temporary/volatile storage
now about file caching.
either you use session or you create your own cache engine.
if the arrays are large I prefer create my own cache engine but
instead of "file_get_contents" the cahced version I "include" it.

so this is the defference between session (serialized data), and cutom
cache engine (that creates a normal PHP script file to be included
later)

and the happy new year
On Dec 23, 10:24 pm, Josh <joshs.silver...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a fairly large array that I would like to access across http
> requests in a given session.
>
> Is there a performance disadvantage to putting this in the session
> object?
>
> The other option it seems is to put the data in the db, but I have no
> need for this data to persist across sessions, so it seems
> unnecessary.
>
> Thanks.

their CakePHP related questions.